Create Invoices for Billing Your Clients with Time Captis
Creating invoice(s) for your Client(s) in Time Captis using a professionally designed invoice template is easy. Refer to the detailed instructions in the step by step guide below.
1. Sign in to your Time Captis Account
2. Since you will add 'Invoice(s)' for your ‘Clients‘, it is necessary that you create Clients prior to you create an invoice. Follow the steps in the help article to Create a Client.
3. Prior to creating an invoice, navigate to the 'PDF Settings', section under the 'Subscriber Settings' in the 'Settings' page. You can first upload your company logo and enter your company details including Name, Address, Email Address, Website Address (non-mandatory), Telephone Number etc., to complement your business identity on the invoice as shown below. Then you need to set your preferred currency in your invoice and click on the 'Submit' button to save the details.
You can create an Invoice in Time Captis in two ways:
- From the Invoice Page
- From the View Page for a Client
Create an Invoice from the Invoice Page
1. Click on the 'Invoice' menu as shown below. Since, you have not created any invoice yet, it displays 'Not Available'.
2. Select the Client for whom you would like to create the 'Invoice' from the dropdown menu and click on the '+ Add Invoice' button as shown below.
3. Upon doing so, you will land on the 'Create Invoice' page for the Client as shown below.
4. In the 'Add Invoice' page, enter the requisite details i.e your invoice number, line item, its unit price, quantity, tax name and tax value for the line item. To add more than one line item to your invoice, click on the '+ Add More' button. You can also add the details of the total tax to be calculated on the subtotal of the invoice amount (if applicable).
5. Then choose the status of the payment and add payment notes (if any) and click on the 'Submit' button as shown above.
6. You will then see a pop-up prompting you to confirm to create the invoice. Click on the 'OK' button and the invoice will be created and will appear in the Invoice List page as shown below.
Note: The said invoice can also be viewed when you click on the 'Create Invoice' button available in the 'View' page of the said client.
Edit an Invoice
1. To edit the information in an 'Invoice', click on the 'Edit' button appearing against the said 'Invoice' on the Invoice list page as shown below.
2. In the 'Edit Invoice' page, edit the requisite details and click on the 'Submit' button below. Then click on the 'OK' button in the confirmation pop-up to save your edits.
Download an Invoice
1. To download a particular 'Invoice', click on the 'Download' button appearing against the said 'Invoice' on the Invoice list page as shown below. This will open the invoice in a .PDF format which you can download and print to send it to your clients.
Archive an Invoice
1. To archive particular 'Invoice', click on the 'Download' button appearing against the said 'Invoice' on the Invoice list page as shown below. Then click on the 'OK' button in the confirmation pop-up to confirm the archival of the invoice.
Create an Invoice from the View Page for a Client
1. Click on ‘Clients’ from the Dashboard menu. The Client List page will display as shown below.
2. Click on the 'View' icon for the Client for whom you would like to create the 'Invoice' as shown above.
3. In the 'View' page for the client, click on the 'Create Invoice' icon as shown below.
4. In the 'Invoice' page for the client, click on the '+ Add New' button as shown below and follow the same steps as mentioned above in the 'Create an Invoice from the Invoice Page section to create, edit, download and archive an invoice.